söndag 2 december 2018

Dag 2 - Ny julsingel med Jackson Browne och Phoebe Bridgers

Mitt i mitt sorterande av skivor att ta med i adventskalendern... så kommer en annorlunda julsingel med Phoebe Bridgers och Jackson Browne. En mycket annorlunda julsingel...!



You don't have to be alone to be lonesome
It's easy to forget
The sadness comes crashin' like a brick through the window
And it's Christmas so no one can fix it
- McCarthy Trenching


Phoebe Bridgers, en ny bekantskap för mig, berättar: "The first time I heard this song it hit me like a ton of bricks. A lot of McCarthy Trenching songs do that. It's not that often that I hear a Christmas song that doesn't make me want to quit music. I played a show in L.A. around the holidays last year where I covered it for the first time. Jackson Browne was there, and he came up to me after the show to tell me how much he loved the song. A couple days later, Dan [McCarthy] got a Bandcamp notification on his desktop computer that someone paid 50 bucks for his record and wrote a nice note and signed it Jackson Browne. He thought someone was fucking with him. So when I decided to record a version of the song, I knew who I wanted to sing on it. Plus, I have wanted to make music with Jackson as long as I've wanted to make music.

En stor låt,, definitivt...!


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar