torsdag 19 december 2019

Julsingel med Jackson Browne och Phoebe Bridgers

It's not that often that I hear a Christmas song that doesn't make me want to quit music.
— Phoebe Bridgers




Det kommer singlar med Jackson Browne väldigt ofta nu för tiden. Inte mig emot...!

Den här julsingeln släpptes redan i november. Det är Phoebe Bridgers, ännu en för mig okänd tjej, som ligger bakom utgivningen. Sången är skriven av Dan McCarthy i McCarthy Trenching.

Det finns en fin historia om hur den här inspelningen kom till. Phoebe Bridgers berättar:
"I played a show in L.A. around the holidays last year where I covered the song for the first time. Jackson Browne was there, and he came up to me after the show to tell me how much he loved the song. A couple days later, Dan McCarthy got a Bandcamp notification on his desktop computer that someone paid 50 bucks for his record and wrote a nice note and signed it Jackson Browne. He thought someone was fucking with him. So when I decided to record a version of the song, I knew who I wanted to sing on it. Plus, I have wanted to make music
with Jackson as long as I've wanted to make music".


Inte undra på att resultatet blev så bra...!


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar